Monday, May 8, 2017

Now a "greenie breaker" by the sea!

Ashley’s email this week answered my questions about her new area, her new companion, and how she is adjusting to being transferred again.  Here’s what she said:

 MY NEW AREA IS AMAZING!!! Haha no, I don't have a bike, but it would be impossible because there are SO MANY HILLS HERE!!!  I literally get to hike through the forest to cross our sector!!! IT’S SO FUN! I LOVE IT!!!! It literally is like a dream come true!!! The sector is amazing!  It’s kind of crazy though because these hermanas have been baptizing like crazy!!! My companion is Hermana R. de Mexico City. She's so crazy and so fun! She just finished her training so I am her greenie breaker! :) Hahaha!  But she is such an incredible missionary already!!! It’s been kind of fun to be with a new missionary again because it’s been so long that I have been with oldies like me!!! Haha!  She is incredible!! And in her 2 cambios here they had 4 baptisms!! But right now we have 2 fechas! J., who is 14, and I., who is like 84! And this week we have seen miracles! We have found 9 new investigators in just five days!!! 

The bishop here told us that this is the "Promised Land" AND OH BOY, IS HE RIGHT!!!! It’s a pretty big ward of like 100 attending church!! It reminds me of my first ward! Machali!!! It’s the BEST!!! The bishop is amazing!!! This place is an adventure for sure! :) 

 My companion is great! Yeah, we get along well! It's weird after being with my best friends as companions for the last 6 months going to someone I do not know at all, so we are still getting to know each other, but she is SO AMAZING!!! And we get along great!! 


This has definitely been one of the harder changes for me to adjust to, but it’s all good because the Lord has given me an opportunity to grow, and to stretch my comfort zone, and to become who he wants me to become!! It's been hard, but it's been good! He is really teaching me to be humble!! It's incredible!!! And with that I would like to share what I studied this week about our Savior. In his biggest trial, he turned out. When he was suffering for all of our sins, he accepted God's will. That's what I want to do in my trials, accept God's will. And it’s very interesting that as soon as Christ accepted God's will, our Heavenly Father sent him an angel to strengthen him. And even though we can't always see the angels, I know God is always sending them to strengthen us, especially when we are being humble. And when the Savior was in his deepest agony, he prayed more earnestly. 

I love the way he confronted this great and ultimate sacrifice that only he could make, and it gives lil’ old me the perfect example of how to deal with my trials and challenges however small they may be. I want to always accept God's will. 

But the Lord has been really merciful in showing me my weaknesses.  And it's all good because when we recognize our weaknesses we CAN progress!! And just as the apostle Paul, I now know that God's grace and strength is made perfect in my weakness. "Therefore I will take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake, for when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Cor. 12:9-10 

But regardless of the hard moments, the mission is still the GREATEST thing that has ever happened to me!! And I can still feel the JOY of serving the Lord with all my heart might mind and strength. Oh I love it!! It truly is incredible!!!! 

Like Alma, I will rejoice because "this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo."

As I strive to depend on Christ's atonement, my love for him grows. I hope you can all feel the same love from Heaven that I feel every day!!! I hope you have the best week! Thank you for all your prayers! We can sure feel them!!! 

Love, 
Hermana Christensen 


 PS. IT WAS THE BEST WHEN I SAW HERMANA WHITTINGHAM!!!!!!!! I WAS SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!! And it was SO fun with my distant cousin Cosi, too, on my last night in Buin!! 
So great to see Hermana Whittingham!
With her new compi at the beach!





No comments:

Post a Comment