Monday, February 27, 2017

How happy I am giving my all to the Lord!

HELLOOOO!!! 

Yet another AMAZING week here in Santa Cruz! I really love this place! We never stop seeing miracles!!! So week we found a bunch of people from Venezuela, ate lots of ice cream, had a lot a prayers answered, intercambios, interviews with president, lots of laughs, talking to literally EVERYONE in the street, capillas abiertas, and on top of all that we have a new assignment! I am so excited! We are being send to work in another sector and branch in Paniahue to strengthen the branch, and relief society and find new people I am SO EXCTIED!!! 


But I think the biggest thing I have learned this week is just how happy I am giving my all to the Lord! When I give him everything I don´t even have time to think about myself! And I don´t really like thinking about myself so it works for me! But I have a new favorite scripture!!! So just thinking about how God uses broken things, and imperfect things, and for me, an imperfect person, this scripture gives me a lot of hope!!! 

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 

¨And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for  my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ´s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.¨

I love you all! I hope we can all find new strength as we learn to really on the infinite Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. I love this work with all my heart. It´s all true. Have the best week! 

Hermana Christensen 

**Since her email was short this week due to computer troubles, I am including a excerpt that I typed up from her journal: 

25 Febrero 2017
"We just had the best day ever!  We had capillas abiertas (an open house at the church)!  And it was like crazy with everyone running around everywhere!  Well, basically it was us running around everywhere because the elders were in the baptism room!  We were short on members and missionaries and the refreshments got there an hour and 15 minutes late!  Haha!  But I was just so happy the whole time!  I just wanted to bring EVERYONE to church!  I was just like, AHH!  And even though it was crazy and we had to run everything and organize everyone as we were going, I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father because we saw SO many miracles!  I love all the hermanas here!  They all taught so well!  S. came! And she was so excited to learn more!  She left with a Book of Mormon!  Lots of menos activos came!  And one of the neighbors we invited with Hna. Andrea came!  OH! What a day! But the best part was the baptism at the end of the day!  The elders' investigator N. got baptized!  He is a kids that used to be into drugs, who is changing his life!  I just LOVE being at baptisms!  They are so powerful!  Just being in the same room as someone making a covenant with God, and knowing that when they walk out of the water, their lives will never be the same is just so powerful!  It really does bring tears to my eyes!  I love the spirit so much!  I love the peace I feel in the chapel!  I was so happy!  Even though it was a crazy day, I was just SO happy!  Today I gave my all!  You know what the difference was?  I turned ALL OUT!  I did not for one second think of myself!  I love that so much!  I want every day to be like that!  Every day is going to be like that!  Because after all, my life is not mine!  It's all for Him!  One of the little moments I loved from today was walking and singing Primary songs with Hermana Hilburn and really thinking about the message!  I just love being a missionary!"

Feet tan lines!
Future sister missionaries!


Matching hermanas!



No comments:

Post a Comment