Tuesday, February 7, 2017

All my dreams have come true!

 Excerpt from Ashley's Journal:
So as a mission, 200 missionaries in the Chile Rancagua Mission all started fasting at 3 pm on Saturday.  We were fasting about the wildfires that have been burning up Chile!  And at 6:30 pm approximately, while we were in Hermana Jovi's house, she said, "It's raining."  And we all got silent for a minute to hear the light pitter-patter on the glass, and let me tell you, that moment was MAGIC!  I was like, NO WAY!  I felt just like someone in the scriptures who was praying and fasting for the mercy of the Lord and it came!  I love fasting!  It really works!It was like one big cloud with thunder and everything that came, for just under an hour and passed right on by!  It was like God just placed one lil' cloud to sweep through Chile!  To sweep through our mission!  Everyone was SO happy!  I know Heavenly Father hears our prayers!  Every one!

Her letter:
OH MY HELLO WORLD!!!! THE BIGGEST CAMBIO THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED IN THE MISSION CHILE RANCAGUA HAS BEEN MADE!!!!!! 

I AM GOING TO SANTA CRUZ TO BE COMPANIONS WITH HERMANA HILBURN!!! (Ashley’s MTC comp whom

 she loves and always wanted to serve with again!) ALL OF MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE!!!!! I CAN DIE HAPPY!!!!!!!! 

It has been my dream my WHOLE mission to go to Santa Cruz! It´s more campo! More farmers, more animals, I am SO excited!! Okay so sorry for that little moment of excitement but I am SO excited!!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!! These cambios couldn´t be better!!! I am so sad to leave Hermana G., she truly has changed my life, but it´s all good cuz it´s just the beginning!!! We are going to be friends for life so I´m okay with that!!! AHHHHH!!!!! I literally don´t understand how God loves me SO much!!! 

Okay so surprise! I am leaving Rauquen! But oh what a journey it´s been! I am definitely not the same person I was when I got here; I have totally changed 360 degrees! Every area for me will be a sacred place because of how much Heavenly Father touched my heart in that place. How much the spirit taught me, how much love I felt for these people who are changing their lives, and how much hope I have seen enter into the hearts because of our Savior Jesus Christ. And when you let him in your heart, you will never be the same again. Words cannot describe how grateful I am for this time I have had with the amazing people of Rauquen, and I have loved every step I have taken with these sweet spirits!!! 

AHHHH que emocionante!!!! :) But oh how God loves me! I KNOW he loves me! I don´t understand just how much he loves me!!! I try to think why does he love me so much?!?!? I don´t think I will ever be able to understand it!! But I am just SO excited!!! And SO grateful for God and his perfect timing!!! He really is a God of miracles! 

Speaking of miracles, this week has been incredible! We found 4 new investigators, and we saw just how God led us to them! But I want to share a quick story about Alicia! Alicia we taught only one time before, but her husband was there asking all kinds of questions trying to test us or something, so it wasn’t very spiritual but on Saturday we got to teach just her, and we taught her about Faith. There´s a reason it´s the first principle of the gospel because it motivates EVERYTHING!!! But it was a great lesson! She has so much desire to grow her faith! But what impacted me the most was at the end, we finished with a prayer and got up to leave, and she said, "Thank you so much for coming! That made me feel so good! Really I didn´t think I would feel this way," she paused, and in the silence the spirit was so strong you could almost touch it, tears began to stream down her face, "I´m sorry for being emotional, but I just feel so good." Oh my little heart. I love Alicia with my whole soul! We told her that feeling was God´s spirit. Ah, she is such a sweet innocent spirit! We don´t know everything about her, but I know our Savior does, and I don´t know why we had to teach her about faith, in Alma 32, but the Savior does, and I know all that love I felt for her, the Savior felt a million times more! But after, she just stood there, standing with the keys in her hands, but she kept lingering, asking a question or two occasionally, but doing anything to just stay in that moment. To stay in the spirit. To not leave that moment where everything was perfect! That really hit me. Her desire to keep the spirit really hit me. I think too often we take for granted that we have a member of the Godhead with us at all times. I know I sure do! And I think we forget how easily he can leave. But I love this gospel, because I can have the spirit with me in EVERY moment! And I am so happy to be helping others achieve the same gift!!! 

Well family, that´s about it! I love you SO much!! Thank you for all your love and support!!! Just know you are ALWAYS in my prayers! And I could not be happier to be a little instrument in the Lord´s hands down in Chile! :)

With all the love in my heart, 
Hermana Christensen 

***So I have been following Hermana Hilburn's missionary blog since the start of their missions!   I read back over her blog to learn a little bit more about Santa Cruz.  She said that the Santa Cruz district is one of the smallest districts with the largest number of less active members (menos activos) in all of Chile.  So she will be working in a very small branch with lots of menos activos! ***

No comments:

Post a Comment