Monday, January 30, 2017

One year in Chile, this country that I have come to love so dear!


This week for me---what a rollercoaster!!! I can´t even tell you how many prayers have been said for the fires here in Chile!! The fires haven´t affected us at all thankfully! There´s just LOTS of smoke in the air! It´s just so sad to hear all the stories of the people who have lost everything! Insurance basically doesn´t exist here, so they literally don´t have anything when their houses or jobs burn. It´s so sad! But it´s okay! I know that God hears the prayers of the righteous! And we are going to have a ward fast! I love our ward! They are SO good!! 

So this week we have been seeing LOTS of progress with J., and O. and E.! We are preparing them for baptism! But they are SO converted to this gospel, it´s incredible! I love when they share their experiences and testimonies with us! Oh they are so good! Now we just have to make sure everything goes through! :) 

It´s highly probable that I am going to leave Rauquen this next week, in transfers, but all I can say is I am so happy here, but I will be so happy anywhere! Come what may and love it! :) I just love being a missionary! And more than ever, I know that God knows me, and knows what’s best for me! I want nothing more than to be an instrument in his hands! :) 

It´s been a good week of learning though! A good week to really analyze where I am at in my personal conversion, what I am doing, what I need to change, and how I am going to change it! I am working on building my faith so I can be more bold and talk to more people, because really, everybody needs the gospel! And I know there are so many more people waiting to hear this sweet message!! 

This week in my studies of the scriptures, I realized the importance of humility even more than before! I love the promises the Lord makes with the humble! So as I strive to humbly submit to his will, I come to know my Savior more and more! It´s a great way to learn about who Jesus Christ really was! I love this gospel! I love being a missionary!! 

Thank you so much for your prayers! We can feel them!! :) I love this country! I love my life! But more than anything, I LOVE THIS GOSPEL!!! :) 

Have the best week! Sending lots of love!!! 

Hermana Christensen

**And here are some of her thoughts in her journal about her one-year mark:

“I made it.  Today I have officially marked one year in Chile, this country I have come to love so dear! Exactly one year ago, I woke up, put on my favorite missionary dress, said goodbye to my family, and with more excitement in my heart than ever before, I set out on a journey that would change my heart and my life forever!  Today I know should be a day of celebration, but I feel a little sad because I know the time is just going to go by even faster!  And I love my mission. Oh, how I love it.  Why?  Because it has changed me.  It’s changed my nature, and I have come to really know my Savior in a way I never have before!  I love him so much!  I can’t put into words my gratitude for him! 
One year mark
I am so imperfect, but he’s so patient.  He always gives me another chance!  Even when I mess up!  Even when I let my fears get the best of me!  And he strengthens me to become what I’d never dreamed of becoming! …My greatest desire is to give my whole life to him!  My whole heart!  For now and forever! …I just want to always be ready and worthy to be an instrument in his hands!  So when he needs someone, he knows he can count on me!  That’s my biggest wish for my life.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment