Monday, September 5, 2016

The light the gospel puts in everyone's eyes!

Sister Training Leaders with President and Sister Harris
Wow. Yet another amazing week here in La Mision Chile Rancagua. Literally every week gets better and better!! Every week I see more and more miracles and I just can't believe how the Lord is preparing his people! So a quick lil’ sum up of this week. Chile is getting SO pumped for 18 de Septiembre (Chile’s Independence Day). I LOVE my compi! The work is progressing! I had my first leadership training! And first intercambio as coordinadora! (First exchange with other sisters as a sister training leader) The weather is getting warmer, and I am just SO HAPPY!!! Oh, and my companion is on the most Christ-like person I have ever met in my entire life! I can't believe I am so lucky to learn from her every day! She has totally changed my vision of the mission, and we could not be happier to be together in Rauquen A right now! 
 
Leadership Meeting with Sister Training Leaders at the mission home
Oh wow. So many miracles in our sector this week! First of all, we found two new investigators who are amazing.  Second of all, we had 3 investigators who came to church! E, O, and their daughters July and Stefany. They are from Colombia, and we had one lesson with them this week and E, his eyes lit up when we testified! It was incredible! I think that is the thing I love the most about the mission! It’s the light the gospel puts in everyone's eyes! The change that occurs when the Spirit steps in! You can totally see it and it's like MAGIC!!!  But wow, they came to church!! And E stayed for all three hours! O for 2, but it was a MIRACLE! The members received them so well, and E loved every second! He is never going to miss a Sunday, I know it! Also last night, we had a lesson with Y and C, and they accepted a fecha (date)! Our first fecha in this sector! For the 15th of October!!!  They are incredible as well!!! They know the Book of Mormon is true, and the structure of the church, the only thing is they never heard of Thomas S. Monson, but Y said if she receives and answer, of course she will get baptized and go to church and never miss a day! So many miracles. I am still in shock! THE MISSION IS AMAZING!!! 

This week we had an intercambio with the Hermanas in Rauquen C. I went with Hermana E in her sector (my old sector). Ha-ha, it was so amazing! So much fun to talk with all the people from last cambio!! And I GOT TO TEACH IGNACIO!!! Man, he is so amazing! We taught the Word of Wisdom and he was like “Yes, I will stop drinking tea.”  He is so willing to do whatever he needs to! And it was so fun to talk to him again!!! He is DE ORO!!! But yeah. Hermana E, she is amazing! Absolutely incredible!!! She is so obedient, diligent, and happy!! I love her so much! She went to Skyline so she is close to home! :) But it was fun because she only has 3 months in the mission, and reminds me of how I was in the beginning of my mission! WOW I am old..... Hahaha! Oh, but what a life! I love the mission so much!!! We are all happy down here in Curico!  

I love you all SO MUCH!!!!! Just remember, our Savior suffered for everything, and his arms of mercy are ALWAYS extended. (3 Nephi 9:14) It doesn't matter if you have pain, heartache, sins, temptations, weakness, doubt, loneliness, sorrow…Everything, absolutely everything, can be made right if only we come to him. He's always waiting, with SO much love. I know that the Savior can help us love those who have wronged us, or those who are hard to love. He is the only one who can give us charity, and in the end, charity is all we need. (Moroni 10:48) He has changed my vision, and put so much love in my heart for these people. I love my Savior. I love him so much!  And I love you all!!! Have the BEST week ever!!!! 

Your lil’ Chilean, 
Hermana Christensen :) 



Mission Leadership Council

Newly called Sister Training Leaders and Zone Leaders


https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif


No comments:

Post a Comment