Tuesday, March 1, 2016

D7 Straight to Heaven

WOW!!!!! What a week!!!! Can't believe this is my last week in the MTC!!! But this week has been the best one yet!!!! Annnnnnnnnnnd guess what? That's right, YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE NEW SISTER TRAINING LEADER!!!!!!! hahaha Isn't that cool? I thought it was pretty cool! After the other group left President called us to be sister training leaders!!! It's so fun! We don't actually have to do much but I LOVE SERVING!!! It’s great!!! 
Ashley and her comp with 2 of their MTC teachers!

Her district with one of their MTC teachers

Some of the sisters with another one of their MTC teachers



So some highlights from this week.... our new roommates won't let us speak English!! haha so funny! I have had several near-death experiences with stray dogs at the park.... Seriously, the Lord is testing me.... haha  I won three games of speed with the missionaries though one day, so I still got it!!! I saw a friend from Jr. High at the temple, she's serving in the Santiago West mission!!! Our district motto is “D7 Straight to Heaven” (Oh yeah... who came up with that?) We have an ice cream count in our district to see how many ice creams we can eat before we leave... It’s been 4 meals and we are over thirty... haha Great goal, amiright? I have the BEST COMP EVER!!! BEST PRESIDENT EVER!!! BEST DISTRICT EVER!!!! BEST LIFE EVER!!!!!! Yep. Living the dream!!! 

I don't have much time this week but I love you all!!! I can feel myself learning so much and I love this gospel with all my heart!!! Remember guys! It's all about Christ!!! And go look up D&C 75:17 because it says my name in the scriptures!!!!! Pray hard and the Lord will take care of you!!! 

 ¨At home or abroad, on the land or the sea, as thy days may demand, so thy succor shall be¨ 

Love you all! Have a great week!!! 

All my Love, 
Hermana Christensen 

**And since her letter was shorter this week, I am going to add her responses to questions that she was asked for our ward’s Missionary Month:


1.  What has been the hardest part of your mission so far?
 Hardest part so far..... I think the hardest part for me so far is feeling inadequate.  It’s hard to speak a new language and try to learn everything you can about the gospel at the same time and I had a hard time at first because I  didn't feel like I was good enough.  But you just have to remember you are called of God and He is sending you angels all the time to help bear you up! Everyone here in the MTC is here to help you and even when you are feeling down, the Lord is always on your side!! 

2. What could you have done to better prepare for your mission?
READ THE SCRIPTURES!!!!!!! That seriously is like the number one thing I wish I would have done more!!!! Learn to love the Book of Mormon because it is the greatest book in the whole entire world!!! The scriptures always bring the spirit and help answer and support so many questions!!! I am constantly drawing upon the scriptures for strength! They are the greatestl!!! 

3. How has your mission changed you?
Wow I've only been out for a month but I feel like I just am a whole new person!  I am learning for this first time how to REALLY be converted to the Lord and what it really means to have Christ engraven on your countenance.  I have felt my heart change completely! All I want to do is serve the Lord and make Him happy! That's all I want to do! And I am working as hard as I can to share Christ's love and bring others to him, because this gospel is so true!!! I just am so happy!!!! The church is so true!! 

4. What can you tell our youth to help encourage them to serve a mission?
 Everyone should go on a mission!!! Oh my heavens, this is the best decision I have ever made in my life!!! I am really learning how to be the happiest I can be! Nothing will bring you greater joy than serving the Lord!!! And besides that, it's so fun to learn from different cultures and meet so many amazing people!!!! I have such a love for everyone I am serving with!!! 

5.What are a couple of fun facts about the area you are serving in?
 Fun facts, They eat yogurt with their cereal instead of milk, and they loooooooove hot dogs down here in Chile!!!! Hot dogs with everything!!!! The seasons and school year are completely opposite down here so we are in the middle of summer here in Chile!!! 


Sporting a fancy hairdo!




No comments:

Post a Comment