Monday, March 28, 2016

Celebrating Easter and 2 Months in the Mission with completos!

So this week! Rollercoaster again! I really do feel like my Spanish is regressing.... but I am trying so hard to be so diligent with speaking it! But I am not too concerned. I know it will come! My comp tells me how advanced I am like every day but I want to be so much better!!!! Anyways! The work this week was a little rough... I felt like I was doing everything by myself basically. All the finding, all the planning, all the leading, and I had to remind my comp to make all the calls and stuff, but it’s all good! It´s just letting me learn how to be a missionary super-fast! Ha-ha, I love talking to the people. That´s the best part for sure because when I am talking to the people I am not thinking about myself at all! And I feel like I am actually starting to build relationships with people!!! This is good, I tell you!!! 

I know everything happens for a reason and God has a perfect plan! I see his hand in my life every day! For example, we were late to an appointment this week, so we got out of the house a little later, but it was okay! Because we got outside and I started riding my bike, and this guy started talking to me in English, but like really good English! It totally caught me off-guard, but It turns out this Chileano had lived in the states for years and married a woman from Vermont. Anyways, they are in Chile right now for a couple years for work, and he explained that they already have their religion and everything but his wife gets lonely sometimes, and like wants to talk in English to Americans so he asked if we could stop by sometime just to talk to her and be friends and we were like YES!!!!!!! And especially me because I´m like “Sista ,I know what you are going through!!!!”  Yeah, so we are going to visit her in a couple days!!! God´s timing, man. He knows!!! He always knows!!! 

I had a great Easter yesterday!!! And two-months- in-the-mission birthday! So double whammy!!!! Ha-ha, Soooooo good!!! We had a really spiritual relief society lesson! Just what I needed to hear! God knows me so well, man! He´s always looking out for me! Ha-ha- But the best thing was this lady in our ward wanted to have the missionaries over for completos last night! My first Chilean completo! Best way to celebrate the special occasions, right? So that was fun! We laughed.... oh, we laughed.... so hard!!!! It was good for the soul!!!! But really, I am so glad I get to testify of my Savior and his suffering, death, resurrection and atonement every day! Because for me, It´s like Easter every day! There are always chances to testify!!! 

Okay Mom, a couple things! First of all thanks for the valentine you sent me!!! I absolutely loved it! And tell the little Crabtree boy thank you for his card from cub scouts! It was so sweet!!!! Also, MOM YOU ARE GETTING SURGERY?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!?! YEAH DUH, I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU!!!!! But you got this! Ha-ha, I am so glad they found it early!!!! Also, I want a copy of your Women’s Conference talk when it’s done!!!!! You inspired me, so I am staring this little notebook of little victories and mini miracles so I can carry it with me and write down the little things I am grateful for everyday!!! All the mini miracles!!! So thank you!!!! 

Okay questions!!! 
1. Yes I am happy!  Well, most the time! But the mission is going great! It´s really hard sometimes, but it´s okay because I am learning and growing! I hope! But I am really grateful to be here right now, and have the chance to be a part of this great work! 

2. Compy is good! She’s a good listener which is great for me. She’s not super organized, but it’s all good! We had a good inventory and we are going to be super workers this week! I’m pumped!!! 

3.Okay, our investigators! We have two progressing right now, M. and R.  R. has a date for the 9th of April, and he is super awesome! He was out of town this whole week though, so we didn´t have the chance to teach him, but his is still praying every day and still has the desire to be baptized, which is great! M. is progressing well, and she explained that she wants a testimony of her Savior, Jesus Christ before she commits to baptism.  Which is great, because she really wants to know for herself!! The problem with her is she likes to attend the other ward with her aunt, and she has problems with one of the young women in our ward too, which is a bummer. But we are planning a Noche de Hogar with some other investigators around her age, which should help get her excited! We have other investigators but I don´t know much about them yet, hopefully we can help them progress this week! It´s a lot of contacting with not very many results half the time, but it’s good! We have been helping lots of menos activos. Oh and Hermana S. ! I love her with my whole heart! Please put her name on the temple prayer roll if you can! She is a widow, with 4 younger kids, and she is SO STRONG!!! I love her!!! But she could use some prayers!!! 


4. Okay, the language! Well! I am getting better at using the subjunctive! But overall I kind think my Spanish is regressing a little bit and I need to use it more. This week I have a goal to speak Spanish always except for the hour in the morning and hour at night that we have to get ready. Hopefully that will help me progress! It’s just so hard when my comp talks in English all the time to me but I tell her I want to talk in Spanish. But it’s okay, I will learn!!! But don’t worry! I am getting there!!!! 

But that’s like it for now I think! I am SO excited for General Conference!!!!! 

I am so so so so SO happy that you guys are all having great lives!!! I love you all so much!!!

And thank you for sharing about Aliyah’s baptism!!! That’s so cool! That makes me so happy!!!! 

Thanks Mommy! I love you!!! I am learning and growing and changing and happy. I love you!!! 

Fav scripture find this week:  Jacob 4:7 “Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace and his condescension unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things!”

All my love, 


Hermana Christensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment