Monday, July 11, 2016

M's baptism & "I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord"

Oh my gosh, Mom!!! This has been the CRAZIEST WEEK EVER!!!!!!!!! 

YES, M. DID GET BAPTIZED!!! YES, IT WAS THE BUSIEST/ BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! YES, CAMBIOS HAPPENED!!!! 

But wow, I can´t even describe how much love I have for M. and her family. The Lord has blessed me with the opportunity to get a sneak peek of how much love Christ has for them. My first day in the field, my very first lesson, was her first day and first lesson with the missionaries. And we´ve grown together these last 5 months, every step of the way, and I am so happy she had the opportunity to make this covenant with her Father. I asked her how she felt when she came out of the water and she simply replied, "Libre." My heart was so full of joy!!!! 




And.... I am getting transferred out of Machali. My new sector is in Curico! About two hours south of here!!!! I will be companions with Hermana Franco! She came to Rancagua in my group! And she is the littlest sweetest Latina you would ever meet!!! 

But get this.... not only am I being transferred, I am opening up a sector, in a whitewash....... basically there haven’t been missionaries there for three months, and me and my companion don’t know anyone or anything, but I AM SO STINKING EXCITED!!!! ADVENTURE!!!!!!!! But yeah. That happened!!!! I will send you the videos of the cambios!!!! So I was sad about leaving Machali, especially after having to tell M.. I called her as soon as we found out, and I told her, and I just started bawling. I couldn’t talk. And it was really sad, but that night when I kneeled down to pray, a peace filled my heart, and my whole body, and I felt the strongest confirmation that I was supposed to go to Curico. The spirit was so strong, and I just knew that I am meant to leave and that there is someone there waiting for me. As I kept praying, the song "A donde me mandes ire, Senor, a montañas o islas del mar" kept coming to my head, and I was so happy, comforted, and ready to take on whatever is ahead! The Lord knows me, and he knows what I need.

 I look back at this cambio, and the Lord answered all my prayers, let me see Miranda get baptized, He 
helped me in my weaknesses and gave me the perfect companion that changed my life. This cambio was a gift, and I know there is a lot of work ahead of me, but I am so grateful for all my time in Machali. I learned more there than I have in my entire life, and it has shaped me into who I am today.  

So whatever lies ahead of me, I am not afraid! I am so excited! The Lord has given me all the tools I need to succeed! And I am ready to go to work!!! This gospel is too amazing not to be shared! I´ve seen it change lives, and it’s changed mine. 


 I love you all! Have the best week! 

"I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord, over mountain or plain or sea; I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord; I'll be what you want me to be. There's surely somewhere a lowly place in earth's harvest fields so wide where I may labor through life's short day for Jesus, the Crucified. So trusting my all to thy tender care, and knowing thou lovest me, I'll do thy will with a heart sincere: I'll be what you want me to be."

All my love, 

Hermana Christensen 










No comments:

Post a Comment