Monday, July 3, 2017

I felt a guidance I have never felt before

WOW!! This week has been so incredible!! Heavenly Father has answered so many prayers! And on Saturday, the Holy Ghost was really working! I felt a guidance that I have never before felt from the Holy Ghost! He literally was there in every decision I made. I don´t quite know how to describe how the Holy Ghost was with us so strongly, but wow, it was incredible! 

 Hermana L is absolutely incredible! I felt like this week was just so much better than the previous two!! She really is starting to pick up on more Spanish, and she is learning how to study more efficiently, and she is just getting so excited to share the gospel with everyone! This week,  we got out of a lesson at night, and we had about 20 minutes before we needed to go home, and she said with a bunch of excitement, ¨Hermana, we could contact, can we contact?¨ :) It was so fun! YES Hermana! Of course we can contact! And so we prayed and started knocking on doors, and found some great people! She is SUCH a great missionary though! She is SO friendly! And not scared of anything! She just starts talking to the people in the colectivos, and she literally waves to EVERY person, and EVERY car that passes by! Every single one! She is such a joy!! Also, she is very wise! And has a deep understanding of the gospel, and I totally know why I had to be her companion in my last cambio, because she literally has all the answers to the questions I´ve had my whole mission, and my whole life! So it has been WONDERFUL learning and studying with her! Oh I love her! We laugh a lot! :) 

So for our sector!! V told us she feels SO happy and excited about her fecha! And that she is 100% going to be baptized on the 25th! She has progressed so much! And she is reading the Book of Mormon everyday!!!!!! WOOOO!!!! We had a family home evening with V and the Bishop and his wife and it was incredible! She is just so excited about her baptism, she is telling everyone about it!! :) J has also progressed so much! We had a great lesson with him this week, and we talked about fasting, and he was so excited he wanted to join in on our fast for the month! He decided he wanted to fast so that he could be prepared to be baptized on his date, and even though we went out of town this weekend to visit his Dad, he made him go with him to the church in Lincanten, and he stayed for the classes! He just wants so badly to be baptized! It´s truly incredible all the miracles we have seen in their progression! :) 

Well we are all up to date with 12 semanas! It is going great!! It really is such an inspired program! And we are practicing, practicing, practicing!!! This week we focused on teaching people, not lessons, and really focused on asking inspired questions, listening, discerning, and teaching the doctrine according to their needs, and that totally helped us in our lessons! Especially with one of our investigators, C, who we invited to baptism, and at first she said no, but because she had already been baptized, we listened, discerned, and Hermana L came in and promised her that if she prays and asks God, the he would tell her it´s all true. It was a powerful moment, because her testimony was just so pure and sincere, and I know C felt the spirit in that moment! I sure did! But then she accepted the invitation to baptism, if God responds to her question. 

Oh I just love being a missionary!! I am SO SO blessed!!! I just wanted to invite you all to pray for missionary opportunities this week! God is more than willing to give us these opportunities when we promise to open our mouths and share the GOOD NEWS of the gospel!!!! I love this great work with all my heart! I just want to serve our Heavenly Father for the rest of my life!!! So let´s open our mouths to share these glad tidings of great joy! I love you all so much! Have the best week! 

Hermana Christensen :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment